Renewable Energy Systems; especially what appliance you can power with them, are largely dependent on three things. Your site location/ environment, what you'd want to use it for including its duration and whether you can afford it.
Typical applications for renewable energy systems include:
- Grid-connected wind & solar systems for homes and workplaces;
- Remote buildings and homes;
- Domestic solar water heating;
- Battery charging systems on boats, caravans and motor-homes;
- Holiday homes;
- Electricity supply & distribution for island or rural communities;
- Portable lighting;
- Power systems;
- Telemetry power systems and microwave repeater links etc;
- Navigation aids;
- Anywhere away from the mains or relying on a costly fuel supply;
- Anyone who wants to use clean, renewable energy to make their own power!